Reddish itchy rash on the arm. Using a fungal cream. Could this rash be due to the blood draw?

On the inside bend of my left arm I have a reddish itchy rash . I went to the grocery pharmacist and they thought it might be a fungus and recommended athletes foot cream. Does that sound okay? The area began itching just a little bit, about a month ago. No visual redness or rash until this week. If I am not mistaken, my left arm was the arm where they drew blood for blood work a little over a month ago. would it take this long to develop a rash if it is related to my blood being drawn? Thank you, Lisa
Asked On : Tue, 11 Dec 2012