Reddish itchy eyes after getting adenoids and tonsils removed. Side effect of pain medication?

Hello, my 5 year old daughter just had her tonsils and adnoids removed, and a second set of tubes put in on Friday (3/1/13). She has started to have very red blood shot, burning, itching, and painful eyes. She is taking Hydrocod/Acetaminophen 7.5-500 LIQ 5ml every 4 hours right now for her post surgery pain. Is it normal for the eyes to be painful, blood shot, burning, and itchy after this type of surgery or could it be a possible side effect of the pain medicine she is currently on?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Mar 2013