Reddish itchy burning eye. Due to pet allergy?

What's the catch? I'm sure I can't just ask a question and get an immediate response.

My question is in regards to my eye. It's been bothering me all day. I feel like there's something in it but I can't find anything. I keep rubbing it and that only makes it worse. I have a cat that likes to sleep on my face/head sometimes and I think it's related to him and possibly allergies but I feel like every time I rub my eye, it almost feels like liquid jelly. Is that normal with allergies? Usually when this cat sleeps on my face/head I WILL wake up with what we like to call in my house "zombie eye". My eye gets violently red and itches and burns. I expect this from a cat but the jelly like consistency of my eye today concerns me.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013