Reddish itchy bumps on the forearms, buttocks and inner thighs. No history of allergy. What could be this?

I have itchy red bumps on my forearms, backs of hands, outsides of elbows, buttocks , and inner thighs. They itch like crazy, mostly at night, but my spouse has been unaffected. This has been going on for well over a month. The itch is sated by getting into the pool, but is made worse once I m out of it-- it gets worse when I sweat, or I m in the heat. I m 25 years old, taking a lot of ibprofen for a tooth ache, but otherwise on no medication . I m male, and have no allergies I m aware of.
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012