Reddish flaky skin rashes on the armpit and face. Skin test negative for Eczema and fungus. Tried steroids and nizral shampoo

I came back from kenya in 2009 and then went to the caribbean for 4 months. i then got a rash (red/flaky) and roundish, which started out in one arm pit, it then moved to the other and then to my sternum. sometimes the rash is just a pale patch that changes shape but now i ve come back to kenya and the rash has turned into red round blotches that come and go. all the while flaking. I also have a red patch that again changed shape and intensity across my nose and under both eyes. over the course of 2009/2010/2011. I went to the doctors in the uk and each time they said it was eczema or bacteria or a fungus. and yet I wash everyday and thoroughly. I changed soap to baby soap and used nizzoral shampoo. next they gave me, over the course of 6months, several different creams some with small levels of steroids in. this actually cleared it up but as soon as the cream ran out the rash re-appeared. so the next time the doctors gave me x2 tubes and still nothing. They also gave me x2 packs of nizzoral tablets 200mg and the cream. which had no affect at all. i then eventually got referred to the hospital..and the skin specialist. she did tests to see if it glowed salmon/pink under the uv light - which it didnt. then i had skin scrapes followed by x2 samples out of both arm pits. these samples went to the london tropical school for medcine and both came back negative for being tropical/fungus/ eczema. the red flaky blotches have moved out of my arm pits and is now just on my sternum which is now creeping up onto my neck and now on my collar all this time ive had it, none of my family have caught it. be really grateful for your help..I ve got photos if you want them!
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012