Reddish discoloration of the legs, dizziness and pain in the back. Have hypertension and thyroid problem

My husband walked into our kitchen tonight in shorts and I immediately noticed both his legs from thigh down were bright red. It looked like he had been in the sun for a week in shorts, however, has not been in shorts in about a year. He was also complaining of dizziness and his back hurting. I am concerned due to his diagnosis of high blood pressure, thyroid disease and recently stage 2 kidney failure. Please give any ideas. We keep getting blown off by our regular physician. YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 8 Apr 2013