Reddish burnt skin after using acne cream. What to do to ease the pain?

I started using neutrogena complete acne therapy system about 1 1/2 weeks ago. Yesterday my skin started looking red. By the end of the day my skin looked as if I had 1st - 2nd degree burns and it was very painful. Today my skin is still very red, flaking, and stings. I didn t use the product yesterday nor today. I applied, and rised off, a mixture of olive oil and honey about two hours with no change. What can/should I do to ease the pain and reduce the dry red skin?
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jan 2013