Reddish bumps in the pubic area after shaving. Folliculitis or STD?

I ve developed what appears to be folliculitis . I shaved my pubic hair closer than usual, with a just-purchased electric razor, then proceeded to have sex multiple times (with one partner, who has been tested for STDs), and within the following week I noticed small, red bumps, similar to pimples . After a quick Google search, I assumed that my issue was concurrent with Razor Burn and proceeded to apply a hot compress and Neosporin . After another week, my partner started noticing the same, which leads me to believe that the bumps had progressed to folliculitis and spread to my partner. It has now been approximately three or four weeks and the bumps have continued to spread in the surrounding area, though each bump individually has not worsened. I m beginning to worry, and would like a professional opinion on the matter while I wait to be scheduled for a checkup.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013