Reddish bruise on the knee, pain in the legs and groin area, fever, pain in the eyes

Hello I have a red mark a bit larger than a 50 p on my knee , it is slighly rasied and has what looks like a round bruise in the middle, it doesnt hurt but has appeared from nowhere. The day after I noticed this I had really achy legs and groin . I also had a temperature. My eyes also started to hurt. I spent about 2 days not being able to function but now my temperature has gone, but my eyes are still really hurting - every time I move them from left to right suddenly. I also have black circles underneath both eyes despite lots of sleep and water.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012
Cardiologist 's  Response
Dear patient,

The symptoms are suggestive of some type of infection, too non-specific though to make a specific diagnosis without looking at the rash and conducting a physical exam. Depending on your location, one can consider tick-borne diseases such as Lyme, that can have flu-like symptoms and a red bulls eye round lesion.

My best recommendation will be to be seen by a provider who can assess the rash and send basic preliminary tests for infection.

Yours truly,

Dr Brenes-Salazar MD
Mayo Clinic MN