Reddish brown vaginal discharge. Blood test shows low iron. History of miscarriage. Causes?

HI..Have been having brown discharge for almost a month and a half now.. I was tested for any infections and it came out negative. I m not pregnant either. I had a miscarriage in and June and a D&C was performed in June. After that, I had my first periods in August and the next one was in Sep. Since Oct, I have been having a reddish brown discharge throughout. Wondering what could be the possible reason. My test showed that I m running low on iron but my heamoglobin level was ok. please advise.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Dec 2012