Reddish brown spotting. Irregular periods. Why?

Hi im a 30 year old young lady last month I startd my periif jan 14th it lastd til jan20 then four daus later I spottd brown for 4days. Kibda werid lol but I startd my pwriod early tthis month yedtday was f frst day it was brown today it was bright red kind of heavy and toward this evening slowd dwn now dark brown and rred. Is this heard of
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013
May 2013
According to your description, the possibilities causes for your irregular spotting are :
- Hormonal imbalance leading to intermenstrual spotting.
- If there is any possibility of pregnancy, better to rule out miscarriage once.
- Local causes like cervical erosion, polyps etc.
So once consult gynecologist, get examined.
By examination local causes can be ruled out.
If your doctor suggests go for ultrasound, hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH, thyroid profile etc.
By this workup the possible cause for your problem can be identified and treated.
Hormonal imbalance can be treated with external supplementation or hormones.
Local causes may need minor surgical interventions.