Reddish brown discharge, thick clotting after days of taking i-pill. What does this imply?

I had my last. Periods on 3rd to 7th of this month. On 15th and 15th of the same month I had unprotected sex. Took an ipill on 17th that is within 72hrs.. from 20th I started getting reddish brown discharge .. a thick clotting like bt not like blood or discharge during period.. what does it indicate?? Has the ipill worked or I am pregnant?? I am jst 18 n I can t tell anything at home... please help what should I do?? Please guide me...
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Hi, Thanks for using HCM.

Break through bleeding are common will hormonal pills. as you had reddish discharge which could be due to hormonal pill you have taken.
As you have taken emergency pill with in 72 hr, helpful in preventing conception. but chances of pregnancy can't be ruled out.wait for your periods to start, if get delayed by a week or 2 need to get pregnancy test done.

Regular use of emergency pill is not advised. Better to use barrier method or hormonal pill depending on your need.

Hope this helps you.