Reddish bleeding while pregnancy. Ultrasound could not track baby's heart beat. Am I still pregnant?

Hi I am 37 years old and am 7 weeks pregnant. Six days ago I experienced some reddish bleeding with no clots and only lasted for several hours. On the same day I had a vaginal ultrasound and we could hear the baby s heart beat but very faintly. The next day I had a normal ultrasound at my doctor s clinic which happens to be different from the doctor I saw the previous day. During this ultrasound she couldnt frind the baby s heartbeat and concluded that my sac has collapsed. I went home waiting for a miscarriage to happen any time. It s been six days now with no signs or symptoms of miscarriage. Today i did a pregnancy test again and to my surprise it showed a definite bright positive result. I m not having any morning sickness or so, just feeling tired all the time. My doctor says she wants to repeat ultrasound again in 2days. Can you please tell me if there is a difference in a vaginal ultrasound and the traditional one? Could it be that with the vaginal one the heartbeat could be tracked easily? And if there s no heartbeat would the pregnancy test show the clearest positive result since i got to know that I m pregnant. Thanks for your attention
Asked On : Tue, 7 Aug 2012