Red, tender, hard spot below knee after being hit by a hockey stick. Solution?

I was hit with a hockey puck while playing ice hockey. It hit me behind the right knee . I went to the hospital to get it checked out. They tested for a blood clot and found nothing. The bruise has subsided but there is a hard spot below the area that is red also above the inside of the knee there is firmness and redness around my varicous vein . It is very tender and hurts with movement. I have a Dr appointment in a couple of days, I just don t know if it is ok to wait that long or go to the ER.
Asked On : Tue, 20 Nov 2012