Red swollen, itchy vagina. Should I take medical help or is there any home remedy?

HI, my 8 years old daughter has a problem. I just found out today she got a red and swollen vagina (one labia only). She says it is itchy and she is very frustrated and doesnt want to see a doctor. Is it urgent to take her to a doctor by force elor there is anything I can do at home (like hydrocortisone external cream)? thanks a lot for your help
Asked On : Tue, 3 Jul 2012
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern the urinary tract infection at the age of 8 years old female is very common even slight change in Ph value (Acidic) could cause such symptom, do not apply any steroid this could flair the infection (If this is infection) in my opinion it is better to teat the baby with the "Liquid Sodium citrate" 10ml three times in day, for the local application silver sulfadiazine cream would be nice, hope this information helps you (First try oral medicine ) have nice day.