Red swollen eyes, fever, back pain. Allergy, viral or bacterial infection?

My eyes have been blood red and swollen since last Thur. The history of the whole situation is a bit long. My seven yr old daughter and I both started with our right eyes red and swollen. I work for an eye dr and after evaluating us he gave us prednisone for allergies . My daughter was getting fevers along with this so I took her to her physician who said hers was viral and to stop taking the steroids. I consulted my eye dr who told me to also stop the steroids. Her eyes have since cleared up. My eyes have taken a severe turn for the worse and now both are close to being shut all the way. I have also since yesterday been dealing with on and off fevers. I went to my regular dr yesterday who said I have a bad bacterial infection and now put me on eye drops and antibiotics . I am having bad pain in my back and lower area as well as the eyes still being extremely swollen and red. I am just worried that this is being misdiagnosed across the board and don t know what to do. I have now been told it allergies, could be viral, and is now bacterial. All of this medicine is making me sick. I work for an eye dr so I need my vision to work. I have not been able to return for 3 days and it does not look like I will be able to go back anytime soon. Please help.
Asked On : Mon, 26 Mar 2012