Red swollen chapped vaginal lips, pregnant, burns on washing vagina. Using moisturizing lotion. Treatment?

This is the second time I have had red swollen chapped outer vagina . It burns when I wash the area, go to the rest room, and walk. I am also pregnant. The first time it happened I was hot and sweaty all day out boating on the water and noticed it right away then it got worse as the day progressed. I treated it with moisturizing lotion and it went away in a couple days. This time I noticed it right after having intercourse but I ve had intercourse other times since being pregnant and it hasn t happened. Today was also another very hot uncomfortable day.
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012
Hello ma'am and welcome.

Pregnancy can cause various changes in the body, and if at all you are experiencing dryness during sexual intercourse as well, you could speak to your doctor about this.

As for the current presentation, it is of course not normal and it would be best if you could visit your doctor for a physical examination before applying anything to the affected region. Application of substances which may not be sterile to a sensitive region with cracks in the skin can result in infections and so it would be best to get examined first ma'am.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.