Red, swollen, bruise on foot due to spider spite. Taken benadryl for allergic reaction. Recommendations?

Was bitten on rt ankle in Jan by spider did not locate it first leg was red foot swollen, red spot appeared. Called Dr. took antibiotic Swelling went away except foe lower foot developed brown coloring with spots like brown freckels.
Also bruising appears and goes away. Have taken Benadryl Dr. would not give any antibiotics said it was a allergic reaction in the layer of my skin. Feel my muscles sore is this normal after a bite from a possible brown recluse. The bite was very painful felt like I was hit on my ankle with a brick. I read the brown recluse bite is not painful. The only other insect hear is scorpions.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Aug 2013