Red swelling upper and Lower eyelid, kindly suggest remedies

I have had slowly red swelling upper and lower eyelid which was treated with antibiotics and disappeared after a few days, however the treatment finished about 10 days ago and it has returned. In conjunction I have had a blocked ear which i have been taking drops for but without any apparent effect. Is it worth continuing with another course of antibiotics or is it possible this is something more serious than an infection? I am a heavy smoker, could this contribute to the problem? thanks
Asked On : Mon, 31 Jan 2011
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
If the swelling is not painfull and have recurrence then check your refractive power of eyes and also get blood sugar level done.If its painfull and red do hot fermentation few times in a day and a course of antibiotics need to be taken for another five days.