Red stools and urine, had eaten fresh red beets, history of GI bleed. What could be the cause of discolored stools?

HI,IN APRIL 2012 I HAD A GI BLEED . I WAS TAKING WARFARIN . MY DR. DISCONTINUED MY WARFARIN,I AM NOT SURE WHEN I WILL RESUME TAKING IT. I HAVE HAD A PRO-TIME SEVERAL TIMES SINCE APRIL. MY INR HAS BEEN HIGH. I WAS REFERRED TO A HEMATOLOGIST . I HAD BLOOD DRAWN AND AM WAITING FOR THE LAB RESULTS. MY QUESTION IS,I CONSUMED FRESH RED BEETS ON FRIDAY 9/14 AND HAVE HAD RED STOOLS AND URINE,I AM NOT SURE IF I SHOULD BE CONCERNED. IN APRIL WHEN I HAD THE BLEED,I FAINTED SEVERAL TIMES AND DROVE MYSELF TO THE HOSPITAL. I WAS FOUND UNCONSCIOUS IN THE HOSPITAL PARKING GARAGE. MY B/P WHEN I WAS BROUGHT TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM WAS 74/30. I WAS IN ICU FOR SEVERAL DAYS AND GIVEN BLOOD. I AM A 48 YR. OLD FEMALE. I DON T WANT TO CALL MY DOCTOR IF THE CAUSE COULD BE FROM THE RED BEETS. I HAVE EATEN RED BEETS MANY TIMES IN THE PAST AND DON T REMEMBER EVER HAVING DISCOLORED STOOLS.. THANK YOU FOR ANY ADVICE YOU CAN OFFER ME.
Asked On : Thu, 20 Sep 2012