Red spots, rashes on left arm and chest. History of spinal arthritis, degenerative disc disease. Causes and cure?

On Saturday, I got these red spots (thousands of them) on my left arm and on my chest near the collar bone area. I have not been injured and there s no reason I can come up with as to the cause of this rash(?). The skin is still smooth. I am certain it is Petechia. However, what would cause this? I m a 44 y/o woman. I deal with chronic pain caused by spinal arthritis , degenerative disc disease , bulging and herniated discs, etc.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Mar 2013