Red spots on thigh, small puss, painful. What could be this?

I get these red spots on my thighs, typically only last for a week or so. They sometime fill with a very small amount of puss that makes a pop sound if I push on them. They can sometimes be very painful. I also get them occasionally on my buttocks as well. My wife, however, does not get them so I don't think it's any type of critter. I don't think it's an ingrown hair of any sort because I've looked very hard at the base and there isn't a hair follicule there. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013