Red spots on shins, dry patches of skin, reoccurring. Any ideas?

My toddler has had red spots mostly on his shins appearing they leave a mark where they've been and come up in similar areas , sometimes on his trunk too odd one round his wrist . Sometimes the ones on his legs get quite big like a bite or something, this as gone on for months on and off . Also he has dry patches of skin that look rough and red, I put oilatum on and that helps that. I'm just a bit concerned now as nursery asked me today, he's only been there a few days but I feel worried now.

Hope you can help
Thanks rebecca
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013