Red spots on middle knuckle, fingers, turning purple, itching occasionally. Causes and treatment?

About 3 weeks ago I noticed this slightly red spot appear on my middle knuckle, and then my index finger had 2 very tiny little pimple looking spots. Those have gone away but the one on my middle knuckle has not, occasionally it turns a purplish color, when i press on it the color fades a little. It doesnt hurt and its not really raised, it does itch occasionally though, and its starting to look kind of scaly.
Asked On : Fri, 6 Jul 2012