Red spots on legs, palms of hands. Taking penicillin for strep throat. Causes and treatment?

My son has red spots all over his legs arms n palms of his hand, they don t itch, he doesn t scratch and it seems to fade over time, he is on antibiotics ( penicillin ) for sore throat (suspected Strep Throat ). Can you advise? It s not meningitis as the spots fade when pressed (as per guidance) He was ill on Friday with very high temperature and been on antibiotics since. He s is usual self now playing as usual. But don t no why the spots appeared today?
Asked On : Thu, 26 Jul 2012