Red spots on legs, arms, feet, severe itching. Taken steroids, recurring condition. Allergic reaction?

I suddenly developed red dots that start on my legs and a little on my arms. mostly on my legs/ they itched like crazy. I went to urgent care and was gven a steroid which helped a little and once thru with the medicine they are back and now on an antibiotic because i have them infected from scratcing. some are raised some flat and tiny tiny red freckle like dots on my feet . what could this be . am i allergic to something all of a sudden . the doctor at urgent care said its not any kid of bug or ringworm thank goodness i was freaking and still kind of am. please help
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Emergency Medicine Specialist 's  Response
From your description indeed seems like an allergic reaction, since the steroid cream reduces the effect you should keep using it, but most importantly is to identify the allergen, there's a lot of things that can trigger an allergic reaction but try.... changing sheets, switching laundry detergents, hypoallergenic body lotion and soap, also be aware of any new food products and try narrowing down any possible triggers for the allergy....if after some time you still can't identify anything consult an allergy specialist so he can perform specific tests.