Red spots on arm. Had a bone graft from hip, replaced bone in thumb. Blood poisoning?

Hi I recently had a bone graft from my hip to replace a bone in my thumb joint following a failed trapisioctomy with ligoplasty (apologises for spellings haven t got medical notes to hand ). While I had the cast on which went to about 5 inches above elbow I started to get an itching at the bottom of cast! Nothing was rubbing and I could see up cast but irritation continued! I had cast off beginning of feb 2013 and now the itching has got even worse and I have a line of red spots appearing that run the around my arm 5inches from my elbow! Could this be blood poisoning as they said it may be possible after op as I would be open for 4.5 hours?
Asked On : Tue, 26 Mar 2013