Red spots on abdomen, buttocks, tender to touch. Prescribed antihistamine, zantac, returned on stopping medication. Cause?

I have been breaking out in smooth red spots about the size of a pencil eraser. Tingling, pin and needles sensation before spots appear. Tender to touch but not itchy. Concentrated on abdomen, buttocks and upper back of legs but not limited to. It's had been on going for 6 weeks. My dr prescribed antihistamine and Zantac for 7 days. Spots seemed to clear but came back within 2 days of stopping medication. Loss of appetite with weight loss. Not sure what is going on
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013