Red spots on 12 year old for 2-3 months, its look like a blister

my son has had red spots on his body for 2-3 months - these are almost flat red spots with no center...they get dark red then fade out over a week or two. Doc says muluscom but I m not satisfied with that...they don t look at all like a blister and they aren t flesh colored.
Asked On : Thu, 14 Apr 2011
hello, welcome to HCM. Your child need a thorough check up as it could be due to some allergy, any infectious agent or even some hemmorrhagic disorder. You need to run some blood tests on him to rule out hemmorrhagic diseases. Take him to any other pediatrician and dermatologist to rule out moluscum. Wish your child good health.

It may be skin allergy or sun allergy. You may apply talcom powder regularly and then watch if he is releived.

Dr. Ritu Sandhu
Homeopathic Medical Consultant and Physician
Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Aashish Raghu's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
They could be mild bleeding under the skin which can be caused by certain infections and toxins in the body. Does he have any fever, loose stools, cough, blood in urine. Kindly get him to a Doctor to get a thorough checkup for best management of his problem.