Red spots around a tattoo, painful when scratched. Is it ok to keep it ?

Hi I had a tattoo done 5 to 6 weeks ago and it was all ok untill i court it and opened the skin after that it healed ok but has now had little red spots come up like (milk spots that a new born baby would have) if i scratch them it makes it pain full could you hepl me and is it ok to keep the tattoo as i have lots and this is the only one that has done it
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Thanks for choosing HCM.
You have probably scratched it.
It must have got inflammed / infected. Please give hot wet compresses over it.
Please take an antibiotic for 5-7 days & an anti-iflammatory drug for 3 days.
It should settle down in a week to 10 days time.
You may apply calamine lotion to soothe it.