Red spot on tongue, started peeling, tingle. Cause?

i had a red spot that was peelin gon my tongue, i only noticed it when my tongue started to feel weird. i ran my teeth over my tongue and that cause peeling. when i looked in the mirror, it looked it i may have been cut. i peeled the spot with no problems, but shortly after my tongue started to tingle. do you know what may have casued this?
Asked On : Tue, 15 Oct 2013
Thanks for query hcm.
Red spots on tongue usually occurs due to b12,folic acid deficiency.
It is also seen after dyspepsia and recurrent acid reflux disease.
Start complete course of b12,folic acid. Intra muscular injections of b12,folic acid will be helpful to get fast recovery.
Apply oral gel (choline salicylate,lignocaine) to subside pain and inflammation.
Take rebeprazole/pentoprazole with domperidone to recover the dyspepsia and acid reflux.
Avoid oily,spicy food.
Consult your physician for better guidance and proper medical management.