Red spot on leg for 8 months, blood and pus after pricking. Doctor unable to diagnose reason. Suggestions?

I have a pea-sized red spot on my leg, feels indented to the touch. I have had it for 5-8 months it's a faint dark red. When I first got it it came from nowhere, as a scab, I then picked at it a tincy bit - there was a bit of blood and puss. I thought it was a bug bite, I then just left it and it kind of sealed over, and became smooth and slightly shiny. I went to the doctor's and they didn't know what it was, they said to come back in 3 weeks, this was about 3 months ago - I didn't go back because I was busy. I have no idea what it is, and I'm worried that it's infected, please help.
Asked On : Wed, 9 Oct 2013

I feel that you may be having cherry angioma...also called De Morgan spots.

There is proliferation of capillaries underneath the skin producing reddish small pea sized lesion.

It is benign condition and remains harmless unless you rupture it.

There may be some cause like endocrinal diseases,DM,dyslipidemia,alcoholism, liver diseases..etc

In normal persons also found.

It also occurs in pregnant women.

There may be genetic base also.

If it is not embarassing , it may be kept untreated.

Otherwise,treatment is very simple. Electrocautery under local anaesthesia may done. It is simple OPD procedure.

You consult dermatologist and take treatment.

I hope you got my answer.

Thanks.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD