Red spot on face without spot in center, no spotting or itching followed by small bruise post removal of squamous cell carcinoma. Skin cancer?

I had squamous cell carcinoma removed from the temple area about 2 years ago. This weekend I woke up with a dime sized red spot on my face that almost looked like something had bitten me but no bite spot in center, no itching or anything. The next day I woke up and the red spot was gone but in its place was a very small bruise-looking spot with dry scaly skin on and around the dark spot. It is 3 days later and no change, moisturizer does not help. Should I be worried that this is more skin cancer?
Asked On : Sun, 26 Aug 2012