Red spot on eye, no pain or irritation, appears bright red in the afternoon. Causes?

Hello, I have a red spot on the white area of my left eye. It appears to be a raised red spot. I have no other symptoms, no pain or irritation, no impact on my sight and I don t really notice it until I look in the mirror or someone else points it out. Nonetheless, I am concerned it may be something more serious as this has been with me now for just over two weeks. It has not grown much, but appears to get redder in colour throughout the day. In the morning it is a pale red, but in the afternoon it appears to be a bright blood red. Any ideas?
Asked On : Thu, 11 Oct 2012