Red spot in tongue, amoxicillin, virus, swollen glands

My 3 1/2 year old boy had a red spot on the center of his tongue . That disappeared and another one appeared closer to the tip of his tongue and has since lenghened to the tip. It is bright red, but he says it does not bother him. He was on amoxcicillean about three weeks ago. What coul this be. I took him to the doctor yesterday and she said it was a virus because he also had a few swollen glands under his neck .
Asked On : Fri, 6 Apr 2012
Ophthalmologist 's  Response
ure doctor might be ure son appears to have multilple aphthous ulcers on the tongue and lymphadenopathy...both of these can occur in viral infections when immunity is need ot worry give ure son some multivitamen syrup if hes not taking a balanced diet or if hes still on antibiotics...