Red spot in pupil of eye, appears to be growing, small lines moving from it

I just noticed that around a week ago, I have what could be called a small red spot on the left of my pupil on my right eye. I noticed that when I covered it up, it decreased in size and became almost non-visible. I work in front of a computer often, and recently I think it appears to be growing. Small lines moving from it. I m unable to go to the doctors due to insurance reasons. I also seem to have what appears to be a cut?(line) going across my other eye.
Asked On : Sun, 28 Oct 2012