Red splotchy rash around eyes. No pain or itchiness. Taking antibiotics for respiratory infection. Is there any relation?

My husband has a strange red splotchy kind of rash around his eyes. He said they dont hurt and his eyes feel tingly but no pain or itchiness. It kind of looks like he had had a black eye and it is healing ...sorta. What could this be? He didnt hit his eye on anything. And he has been taking an antibiotic for the last week for and upper respiratory infection. could the antibiotics be doing this?
Asked On : Tue, 19 Mar 2013