Red specs in stool, ate tomatoes, apple. Colonoscopy scheduled. Family history of colon cancer. Treatment?

I have noticed small red specs, almost like undigested food, in my stool . Because they are red, they worry me. There are very small. I did eat tomatoes but they were crushed and an apple with the skin. I started to notice this recently. Don t remember this happening when I ate these things before. My father was diagnosed with colon cancer when he was 48 so this is scary for me. I am scheduled for my colonoscopy when I turn 38. I am 37 right now.
Asked On : Thu, 13 Sep 2012