Red, sore places around the outer corners of eye with dryness and itchiness in eyes. Allergy or vitamin B deficiency?

I have been getting red, sore places around the outer corner of my eyes (both eyes, but mainly the right eye). It has been going on now for several weeks. My eyes themselves seem dry and itchy ! Is this due to allergy , or to a B vitamin deficiency? I am quite up on health issues, as my husband (a general surgeon ) and I do health lectures and cooking schools and have been doing this for many years. I am perplexed!
Asked On : Wed, 25 Jul 2012