Red skin, flares up, flakiness. Misdiagnosed as scabies. Given steroid. What is going on?

i had a red skin flare up in july last year. it was misdiagnosed as scabies and i done the treatment making it worse. i was then given steroid elocon to fix it which it did. now my skin tends to get red and i put the steroid on but as soon i stop it flares again and its a repeat process. the only thing that has really changed in the past year is that i shower every morning for work. is there a way to stop the flare? its not flaky skin it just red blotch on the surface and i cant get it to calm down making it uncomfortable for me to see, as it makes me nervous. i use cetraban which is good for moisturising but not helping the colour, texture of skin. thank you.
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013