Red scrotum syndrome, Men-phor lotion, corticosteroides, oral doxycycline

I have had red scrotum syndrome for the past 5 years now. I am a 65 years old. I am using Men-phor lotion and also with no success Derma Smoothe , both Rx approved. The rash and redness along with itching is on the anterior part of the scrotum and runs the length of the perinium to the anal area which sometimes itches as well. I know the use of oral doxycycline has been used at the University of Beirut, Lebanon with a greater success rate. I have been researching as well that the possible cause of the rash has been caused by the prolonged application of topical corticosteroides. is there any other cure for this itching and scratching?
Asked On : Wed, 28 Mar 2012