Red sclera, irritation, systane, no discharge or sensitivity

Since last saturday my son s sclera has been red. It started with the right eye, just on the inner side of the eye, and now within the last two days it has spread to the inner corner of the left eye. There is no discharge , sensitivity to light, pain or itching. Before I had my kids I was a COA so I know what pink eye looks like. It to me just looked like anc(it started around the time we were in a pool). I have been using Systane several times a day and it has not seemed to help at all.Is this something that will go away on it s own, or will I possibly need to take him and get antibitoic drops
Asked On : Wed, 23 May 2012