Red, scaly, spotted sunburn, ankle swelling, burning sensation. Aloe vera gel, aveeno lotion provides no relief, turning into darker spots. Treatment options?

I have an EXTREMELY red, scaly, and spotted sunburn running from my ankles to my thighs from five days ago because I did not have sunblock on and was in the sun for several hours. I had some stiffness 2 days ago when walking and my ankles were all swollen. I am able to move my ankle around but I still feel stiffness like it is swollen and when I walk or stand for a while my legs become super red and feel very heavy and burning sensation. I am extremely concerned with how severe my sunburn is and if it is possible to have a 2nd degree sunburn without having nausea , headaches , and blisters, etc because I have been applying aloe vera gel on it and Aveeno moisturizing lotion as well as taking cool showers but the first day after my sunburn ( smooth red and pink legs) now turned into blotchy, super dark red spots and almost purple-like and I am freaking out!! It is not too sensitive to touch though because I can take a shower and put on lotion and aloe. I am really worried about when it is going to heal and why my shins are becoming much darker and redder even though I have been applying “Banana Boat” Aloe Vera Gel all the time. Is it supposed to make my skin feel very tight and a dry feeling because I put lotion on top after? My thighs seem to be getting better but my shins are not. My thighs are also more itchy than the lower part of my legs and I don’t seem to have any peeling but it’s just pure RED!!! Can you please help me??? I am currently living taking summer classes 50 miles away from my home and I am so scared and desperate for help that my legs will never heal. Thank you for your help!!!
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012