Red scab on ankle wound, hard lump, painful. Taken antibiotics. Will it take time to heal?

Seven weeks ago I fell backwards down three steps in the garden and banged my leg approx two inches above the ankle, resulting in a graze. Both wound and ankle swelled that evening although I had raised and rested leg all day. After 5 days went to A and E. Doc said wound was infected and gave antibiotics . Ankle swelled every evening and wound still red and painful with hard lump surrounding it. GP gave more antibiotics but no difference after 5 weeks so got third course. Doc sent me for x-ray but no bone injury. Now there is still a red scab on the wound sight and large hard lump surrounding it. It is less painful but the area is extremely sore and sensitive. I can t wear socks or boots. Should I return to doc yet again or will it just take time to heal?
Asked On : Fri, 28 Sep 2012
Answers:  0 Views:  196 Awaiting Answer