Red round raw spot near elbow, burning sensation. What could it be?

Are you there? Okay, I woke up with a round red raw spot near my elbow . I am 57 and have burned myself in the past so I would describe this as a burn.....but I haven t burned myself, so I think it may be something else. I is round, a little smaller than a quarter, raw like a burn, and feels like a burn. I don t know yet if it is growing. I am in the sun a lot in Arizona, but this is an area that does not get much sun. I looked at pictures of ringworm and it doesn t look like that. Any ideas?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Welcome to healthcare magic forum
Thank you for your query.
I understand your concern regarding your skin problem
I am dr Gaurav patel ,dermatologist and will answer your query.
It may be due to contact dermatitis or insect bite.
you can apply antibiotic cream
In ring worm infection you feel lot of itching
It is better to consult dermatologist for proper treatment.
There is nothing to worry.
I hope I answered your question.
Let me know if you have any further query.