Red rashes on neck, sore throat, spreading, dry skin, blotches. Is it related to tonsils?

Hi doc. Fom time to time I break out in a hot red rash on my neck , always when I have the start of a sore throat . It often spreads to my chest and back, but gradually over the last few years it has started to spread to my limbs as well. Although it is in blotches, they can cover very large areas. It usually goes away after a day or two but this time it has also spread to my face in big flat blotches, making my skin very dry and aged looking and it hasn t cleared after four days. The only thing I can think of is that it has something to do with my tonsils, which were removed when I was in my late twenties or early thirties. I m fifty now. I haven t changed my diet, which is fairly healthy, or my lotions, potions and detergents. Help please. Many thanks
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013