Red rashes all over body after reaction to medication. Prescribed topical steroids. Temporary relief. Suggestions?

Almost 2 years ago, I had a life threatening severe reaction (D.R.E.S.S.) to a medication (Tegretol) which among other things, caused a red rash everywhere, including my genital region. I was hospitalized and eventually recovered. The red rash peeled off everywhere. About 2 months after recovery, I had baffling moderate to severe, itchy rashes that were different in appearance to the red rash. 2 biopsies suggested a possible immune/allergy/sensitivity(psoriaform, squamous hyperplasia , focal spongiosis, papillar dermal edema , superficial and deep perivascular mixed cell infiltrate-Eosinophils, Nuetrophils &Lymphocytes). Lab interpretation suggests a drug reaction or allergic eruption. I also have moderate to severe bouts of bone pain . The doctors just gave and still give me medicines to alleviate symptoms and to help me mentally cope. These meds (8 different types of topical steroids, tricyclics and two types of antihistamines don t make the rashes go away and relief is VERY brief, so I stopped using the topical steroids. The docs won t send me to an allergist . I tested negative for autoimmune by a rheumatologist , but she wants to test me again, thing that it was a false negative. . . . The genital rashes( which have large bumps scattered among the smaller, patchy(exzema-looking) are on my outer vulva. The larger bumps are EXTREMELY itchy. I used to take oral pred but was weaned off a year ago and my doctor won t prescribe any more. The myriad of steroid topical products give only brief relief (30 min, at best and I stopped using them. The rash is on other, localized parts of my body too. The bumps on my outer vulva and other areas are driving me to distraction. The only time that I find non medicated relief is to vigorously clean these areas and rinse very well. The swelling and itching go away for a little while. I need answers. I can t get a real diagnosis out of the doctors. They seem very tight-lipped. sometimes I think that they consider the issue too complicated for me to understand and they don t want to take the time to explain or answer questions in depth.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013