Red rash on thigh, calf and sheen. Can it be caused by a detergent?

my 17 month old son has a red rash on his left out side thigh then now two days ago i noticed it spread to the left side of his leg around the calf and sheen i have tried different creams but nothing is really working i have racked my brain trying to he might of have eat or bathed in anything different even down to my cleaning stuff and even the laundry detergent and nothing has changed so i am clueless and worried and dont know what to do please help JAMIE,
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013