Red rash on the back of both of hands, lump in the back of neck, sore armpit. Is biopsy required ?

Hi! I have a red rash on the back of both of my hands, seems minor at the moment but persists for about two weeks now; to compliment (though unsure if related), I have a lump in the back of my neck and a recently new lump-like thing in my right armpit. The one in my armpit is sore and the one on the back of my neck alternates, usually, it is fine unless provoked. Curious for some feedback, not sure if I should seek immediate medical aid, as my Family Doctor has ordered a biopsy on my neck bump/lump since it has persisted for, well, I ve lost count of time on it, but well over a few months. Thanks in advance for your time!
Asked On : Wed, 13 Feb 2013