Red rash on leg, spreading, itchy. Prescribed hydrocortisone cream. Help

Hi there, I live in NZ and I have had this terrible raised angry red rash on my lower leg just below my shin area. It started as a Mosquito bite over a year ago. It is round shaped and has now spread to other parts and now both my legs.For some reason it has gone where my veins are prominent. I have been to my doctor and was prescribed a hyrdocortizone?cream. I don t have any pets so I don t believe it is ring worm . It gets very itchy when it dries and goes scaly The hydrocortizone worked ok but never got rid of it 100% and can t be used more than 2 weeks. Aqueous cream help it to stop drying out and took the redness down but this didn t last. I tried Betadine but that hurt like crazy and I never used it again and at present moment I am trying an Anti- Fungal Cream but wont know the results as it suggests using for 2 weeks. Please can you help me? Thank you for your time.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013